1. How many LiveBeyond mission weeks have you served on? Three
2. Share how you got involved with LiveBeyond. I got involved through my son, Caleb Bailey (LiveBeyond's Development Officer)
3. What's your favorite part(s) of the mission week? My favorite parts are village visits, medical, and the morning devotionals by David and Laurie.
4. Share one of your most memorable experiences or encounters in Haiti. Treating Marie Therese's wounds and the weddings
5. What keeps you coming back to Haiti with LiveBeyond? Being part of bringing people out of darkness into light
6. If applicable, tell us how the people of Thomazeau have changed your life. Experiencing their humility and surrender to Christ…and their faith
7. How have you seen LiveBeyond expand/improve our work and impact in Haiti over the course of your time supporting the organization? The Kè Pe Timoun children have improved significantly. The number of baptisms and weddings continues to increase. The expansion of medical care and education for the Haitians is making a real difference, and you can see the literal changing of Haitian culture from darkness to light…of bringing liberty to the oppressed.
Philip Bailey lives in Katy, TX with his wife, Gaye. They have three godly children (Kimber, Caleb, and Kenzie), three godly "children-in-law," and five grandchildren. He is a graduate of Abilene Christian University and currently works as an Executive Consultant. He is an active member of the Houston Memorial Church of Christ.