Medical Mission Weeks
More than 2,000 people have traveled to Haiti to serve on a LiveBeyond medical mission week. Prior to our establishment in the region, locals did not have access to medical and dental care or professional medical help. During this trip, you will have the opportunity to provide medical care for 1,000+ people that come to our medical clinic weeks.
Licensed doctors, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and dentists are a vital element of this mission week, but the trip is open to all people, no matter what your profession is. From prayer team to intake to scabies treatments, there are so many different ways for you to care for these sick people with your current skill set.
July 22 - 28
August 26 - September 1 (WAITLIST ONLY)
October 21 - 27 (WAITLIST ONLY)
November 11 - 17 (WAITLIST ONLY)
Note, if a trip is full that you'd like to serve on, you may still apply for the mission and be put on the waitlist. If a spot becomes available, the LiveBeyond Trip Coordinator will send you an email to confirm your placement on the team.
$1,180 + international airfare
+ In addition, you will be responsible for obtaining your own vaccinations and paying the $10 customs fee into the country.
+ View LiveBeyond's Refund Policy.
LiveBeyond is unable refund to you any amount of raised funds which exceeds your funding requirements. Once financial gifts are received by LiveBeyond, the individual donors are sent a charitable contribution receipt which is used for Federal Income Tax purposes and refunds are not possible. All monies received in excess of the funding requirements will be used by LiveBeyond toward the mission.
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
Total payments to LiveBeyond - $1,180
$230 deposit : due within 5 days of receiving trip acceptance email
$475 payment : due 90 days out
$475 payment : due 60 days out
- Minimum age 18 if traveling without parents (must be a high school graduate; individual cannot be supervised by other adults)
- Minimum age 14 if traveling with parents (child must share room with parents)
- Applicants over the age of 70 must provide a medical release and recent medical history from their family physician to be reviewed and approved by LiveBeyond.
Zika Virus outbreaks have been reported in Haiti. Because of the risk of birth defects in babies born to women who were infected with Zika while pregnant, we have implemented the following policy to protect our volunteers:
- Women who are pregnant are not permitted to serve in Haiti with LiveBeyond.
- Couples who are actively trying to become pregnant should not serve on a LiveBeyond mission trip.
- If a man travels to Haiti and his wife is pregnant, they should use barrier protection or not have sex during the pregnancy.
View forms and information packets for LiveBeyond mission trips. Download here.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON A MEDICAL MISSION
Email our Trip Coordinator at email@example.com.